Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chrono Trigger and Weird-y Cuteness

In honour of one of my favourite games of all-time being re-released [this time for the Nintendo DS], I drew two characters from it. They are 2 of my favourite characters from the game. I present my versions of Queen Zeal and her daughter, Schala:


Check out Square-Enix's official site here.

Being a freak of nature, I own four copies of this game. 2 SNES cartridges [I keep telling myself it's just in case one of them dies], 1 Playstation copy [available with FF4], and a computer emulator. But now with the DS copy, I can take it with me EVERYWHERE.

Yes, I am that much of a freak.

Anyhoo, here are some cute-sy doodles that I did during a few classes last week.
They started out as an homage to "Veggibles," a group of weirdness that some old acquaintances came up with. I was never really privy to the story behind them, and I couldn't remember which veggies were actually in the ensemble, aside from Celery!. Who is, I think, mildly retarded. Like Timmy on South Park. Yes.

But then the doodles took on lives of their own, until a fully-rendered scene spilled out during ProPrac class.


....I hope people don't judge me by the oddness that comes from my pens.

1 comment:

Decisive TRTL said...

I do judge! The painting did sell! I made 500 something this year. WOOOO! So now I must collect myself and pretend once again that hw is more important. Well, it is. But yes! Awesome possum! I love the line work of those to maidens.