Monday, October 27, 2008

Ready, Steady, Go

There was a running joke that started my freshman year of college that involved me, being the stickish and lightweight little girl that I am, being blown away across the sea to India on a drawing board. The idea was that the masonite drawing boards were/are enormous, and I was/am quite small, and that the raging winds would pick both me and the board up and away I'd fly. [Think hangliding.]

Anyways, what prompted this flashback is the acute wind that has picked up over the past few days. I suppose that this just goes to show that some things will never leave your mind, no matter how hard you try to forget.

...

In other news, the Dear President ________:" exhibition is currently being put up in the school. I spotted my little contribution earlier on today. It's not located in the main gallery, but it is in the walkway next to the fitness room and comic studio. A well-lit space. I am impressed-- I'm never given a decent space for my art.

I'll post a quick scan of the piece later on. Just figured I'd mention it.


Lastly: remember these?

I miss the original Tamagotchi. I still have mine. It was one of the most awesome, portable wastes of time. Luff.

No comments: