Monday, October 20, 2008

Work and play

A project that was due last week for my ProPrac class was a promotional piece. I started from a sketch and made it into a two-sides mailer [the reverse side was done at the last minute]. Process, anyone?

original sketch, inked drawing, scanned and edited linework:




This is the final, front and back
[though I know I will go back into it and fix some little things that irk me]



The reason for this assignment was because two Target reps came to class, babbled on about art related Target-y things, then examined a maximum of 2 pieces of our work in order to categorise us for a giftcard project that we are now working on.

....

And I just realised that I have to edit my speech for this post, as they do happen to have my promo, which does list this site on the back. Great. There goes freedom of speech.

To summarise my last three deleted paragraphs in a way that won't embarrass me, :

  • I have had worse clients.
  • Being limited to 2 pieces of work is a major setback for someone such as myself, who rarely ever uses the same style or medium more than once. [Of the 2 that were shown, I think only one is actually included in my portfolio. Meh.]
  • Ohyes. And I most certainly can draw more than just women and people; I am constantly receiving orders for pet caricatures and portraits, and I happen to love designing monsters, beasties, and backgrounds. Maybe someday I'll post some of that up here...?

Anyways. Here is a parting sketch of funness, a cat modelled after my own, and a mouse that she caught, who I named Virgil. Or is this particular mouse Talus? I can't recall; my cat is a darned good mouser and has caught many.



I luff my kitten.

No comments: